Old 08-17-2008, 01:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Abundance

Breathe Breathe!!!!!!!

When my guy came home from rehab...... I only expected one thing. For him to not lie to me EVER about anything. It is true about expectations - they really are just future resentments.

As much as we would like for it to be like a magic pill when they come and they are fixed - but the truth of the matter - is that they aren't. There is a lot of work to be done on their side of the street, so to speak.

I would highly HIGHLY recommend finding an al-anon meeting.

He still is in the addict mentality.... and the PAWS can last an entire year..... now.... is he using? Probably not - but those pain killers... they do take a long time to get out of your system.

I know all too well about how you are feeling .... and yes it is a honeymoon period for real - when you talk with him try to come from a place of calm - trying to remain rational in an irrational situation. Ask him what it is that he feels that he needs to keep him clean..... maybe less "honey dos"? Maybe he does need lots of sleep? My guy was sleeping all the time - but he was also going to meetings. And I just figured that he would get sick and tired of being tired all of the time and would eventually get up and do more. But he didn't - he went right back out and got on the pills to help him do more! I feel as though I did everything right by not nagging at him (aside from inviting him to family / friend functions)..... and allowing him to do what he needed to do for his recovery. But that still didn't stop him from going back out. I'm not saying that is what's going to happen with your husband, but what I'm trying to say is that - you have a think about what you want .... and just look after you and your child.

Welcome to the recovery roller coaster.... it can be and is most likely different than the addiction one. Stay honest with him and most importantly you.

Say what you mean, mean what you say, and don't say it mean.