View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 474 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

I can't think of a thing right now that would be personally whine-worthy!

I came back from feeling pretty good because I won two games (fifty cents each) and called my sister to share my "good fortune". My niece had just called terribly upset...couldn't stop crying. This is the one with four kids whose husband lost his job a week ago and has been out looking with no nibbles so far. He's in the hospital...has a blockage which may have to be operated on tomorrow and possibly require that he wear a bag for six - eight months. Good grief!

I needed to talk to someone, so I called my son. Thank goodness his program is working for him...he pointed out how much worse things could be. "They could have caught it too late...the medical benefits are still in effect...he qualifies for unemployment benefits...he can probably pick up some at-home consulting...the kids are old enough that my niece would at least be able to work part-time, if necessary." All of which I'm sure she isn't thinking right now...maybe when she has some time to wrap her mind around it. I just hope and pray all will go well with the surgery.