View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Thane
Patron Saint of Hot Tubs

Head Injury Courtesy of Ye Olde Vodka

As you see, I'm new. Hi. I recently drank too much too quickly while having a fight with a lady that I care about, and I passed out while standing up. I fell forward and hit my head on the edge of the kitchen island, and re-damaged a spot where I'd had a previous head injury.

I left the rehabilitation for the injury far earlier than I should have and went about with work and all of that. I didn't let anyone know that I was randomly fainting from the head trauma. About a month ago I wrecked my sportscar. I had a fainting spell and had also been drinking.

Now I'm getting treated for my head injury, and I'm being encouraged to stay and get treatment for drinking also. At the end of the day, I'm not sure how much say I'll have in it. Can people legally be forced into attending a treatment centre?

Well, I don't suppose there is anyone else here who is going through the combo of heavy drinking and the fallout from a serious head injury? Or how about in conjunction with any other life-impacting ailment? I have no expectations of medical advice, only the sort of calmness (for lack of a better word) that comes from listening to others who are in a boat not so different from your own afterall.

Either way, I'll talk to anyone. I'm a wee bit on the overwhelmed side and I like reading all of the posts.

Thanks much.