Thread: Update on us
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Abundance

What a fantastic post! I remember when I was picking up my guy from his inpatient treatment center! It was SO exciting..... we were on this new path. Unfortunately, he took a turn. I had to use those tools that I learned while he was there what my part in this is. Unfortunately, he got back on the elevator and needs to keep going down. However, I got off. I am sticking to my boundaries..... and right now I can tell you how much safer I feel in doing so. The calm and the peace I now feel to know that I in no way will get in the way of him going down as far as he needs to go to stay on the path of recovery.

Yeah.... it hurt like hell to finally get to that point, but I'm there now and it's because of all of the tools I have learned.

For you..... stay in your recovery.... "keep coming back, because it does work when you work it"......

SO PROUD of YOU and your hubby! This is not easy..... it is probably one of the hardest things you have or ever will face in your life. Enjoy this time together..... Recovery is a beautiful dance!