Old 08-15-2008, 01:01 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

hey again

I'm sorry - this may annoy you

I'm hearing a lot about what you can't do...can't do AA...can't go to a doctor...can't do detox. OK your call, but listen for a second to someone who's been there.

I don't do AA, only SR and...it works for me - but I couldn't have gotten sober while trying to hide from friends family and the world at large too.

I didn't get sober - for 15 years - getting ever worse until everyone found out anyway - I lost jobs, friends, respect, reputation.

I should have acted years earlier - but I was proud -'I could beat it myself', 'noone need know' - and my pride nearly killed me.

If something is more important to you than stopping drinking - whether it be pride or job or whatever - be prepared to fail...you mightn't, but be prepared.

If you do fail? be prepared to lose a lot of stuff dear to you as your alcoholism progresses.

Do whatever you want to do - but do it wholeheartedly - not with one hand tied behind your back....because you'll never win.

I say all this not to make you mad or scare you - you can flip me the bird LOL.

Just sharing my experience - you're young, you can bounce back in ways I can't anymore - if you take action now.

Give it some thought, ok?
D

Last edited by Dee74; 08-15-2008 at 01:23 AM.