Old 08-14-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Abundance

Drained......

I am in a depression right now too.... but I'm working my way out of it. But when I'm in the throws of it all.. there is no making sense to me. Essentially, what I'm doing is throwing my arms in the air to see what the Universe is going to bring me.... and I am so grateful that it comes. It comes to me at meetings, aa or alanon, music, friends, family, my boys, books, articles..etc. I do have to go out of my box for these things, which is really the hardest part. To pick up the phone when it rings, respond to an email, come to SR, go to a meeting... it ALL takes effort, it just depends on where you are at in your depression that some are harder than others.

The hardest part for me is just DOING IT. How do I know that? Because when I think and think and think and think about doing it....... it takess SO MUCH ENERGY. And then when it comes time to doing it..... it doesn't get done!

Start with something small that you can do and finish completely... let yourself see the end results. But start by taking baby steps. I know you have so much swirling up there in your mind and you're feeling so overwhelmed, that is okay.... you are going to be okay! Okay? You aren't going to feel like this forever.

Your therapist has a good idea... but I would also journal at the end of the night about what made you feel good... what are you thankful for? Close your day with thinking about ONLY the positive... if anything negative comes up... push it away..... FIGHT IT OUT OF YOUR MIND!

I'd also start with removing all negativity out of your life... for example even your screen name.... you are seeing yourself as being "drained".

This is not going to lift instantaneously or maybe it will? But over time..... it really will make a difference.

When my hands are in the air, and I'm giving it to my HP, I look for those life instructions that are being given to me..... pay attention to those!

Today or even right now, think about at least 2 good things about you. Even if it's that you have long eyelashes... whatever it is. Just something good.