View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
greygravykat

Her brother has just recently become clean. He was addicted to Oxy's too and my girlfriend and I helped him detox at our house. He went and got the Naltrexone Pellet injected into his arm and has had that for a few weeks. He is doing really well, and I know that he is clean. So I know that it's not his bottle. He owns a pizza shop and a lot of people drive his truck all day long. The delivery kids use it for deliveries and he lets people borrow it constantly while he is working. So I know that there were several people in and out of that truck the day that she 'found the bottle'.

Her brother knows about her drug problems. He was the one who told me that she was still using after I had quit .... even though I already knew that she was. He just confirmed it for me.

I have talked to her brother about drug tests and I asked him after we helped him that if in a few months someone were to ask him to take a drug test if he would do it and he said NO. He said that we would be able to tell if he were using again without taking a drug test so there is no need for that. So, I don’t really see the need to talk to him about it. Sorry that I didn’t give more details before.

My thoughts have changed a little after thinking about everything over the past few days. I really think that because of my own past experience that I will KNOW in my gut if she is using without a drug test. And I don’t have that gut feeling yet.

If she is using I am not worried about that affecting my sobriety. I became clean for me and no one else. What someone else is doing isn’t going to affect whether or not I use. If she is using, it will however obviously affect other aspects of my life.