Thread: OT - good news!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 07:58 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((Littlebird)))

I understand how you feel. The man who introduced ME to crack, sold everything I owned..my dead mother's wedding ring, the bedroom furniture I had had since I was 17, and refinished it myself, my great-grandmother's antique table, etc. To this day, I don't own one piece of furniture. All I have left of working for 30 years is the momentos that couldn't sell for crack. He also stole over $1000 from me, as did the next crack addict I hooked up with.

Also, the bills I am paying TODAY were because I walked away from them 5 years ago. The bill collectors don't care WHY I didn't pay...they want their money. One credit card was a JOINT card, and my XABF (a functioning alcoholic with a lot of money) doesn't have to pay a cent.

I see it as a lesson we all have to learn, and I've learned it from both sides of the fence! If I had ended the relationships the FIRST TIME they stole from me, I would be in much better shape. But I didn't. I kept believing their lies and putting up with it. The one thing I never did was steal from anyone (except my family's peace of mind). No one deserves it but it happens.

I DO understand, and I had a tremendous amount of anger for a long time. I've finally realized that there's nothing I can do about it but not ever let it happen again.

Yes, I did get a break. But I went in there, full prepared to pay for everything, no matter how long it took.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy