View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 07:36 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Learning how

My older son (21) was also a kid that could have done well at school. He set his goal as doing the least amt needed to get a pass. When I was in school I thought a passing grade was a C. And that is what I told both boys but someone at the high school let them know that a D was enough to get credit. I was very lucky that summer school does not cost extra here. That kid went every summer. He want to communtiy college after high school, he was not able to complete a program that would have gotten him an AA and a job a Cat as a mechanic. He did get far enough that he is working as a mechanic. There is a God ,I am sure ,because my son now has a union job and the union takes care of most of the things I worried about, (insurance etc) don't think he actually sees a dentist or doctor but at least he can. Parked behind him at a family gathering, the registration tag on his pickup says 2007. Same kid, not doing the home work. Some nice police officer will remind him at some point. I don't have to any more. It does get a little easier once they are 18