View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 06:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Luckyv2
JUST DO IT!!

One thing that I have checked out already is not labeling ourselves as alcoholics or addicts. of course unless I misunderstood that but if you noticed up in my first post on this thread I said

Most of you know me and many of you don't! My name is Vic and I am a addict. Gezzz I still don't like to think of that.
well the slide show says we don't ask people to label themselves as that and it is a bad idea. Hum I can actually relate to that because when you say the word alcoholic it does label yourself as a person that is not really liked too much in society itself. So that really caught my eye tonight or should I say my ear. That part came from the SMART recovery I have been basically at that site reading and listening to there things.

They have a worksheet but right now money is really tight (that is a understatement) so I will have to see like how many pages it is to print out and maybe I can drum up enough somewhere to get it copied at from the library for now or maybe they have the book at the library ya never know. OK that was almost two hours so I think that is pretty cool.

Also I was reading a thread that Alera started about CBA that was pretty neat also. I see that there is some writing to do on this recovery process as well. Which is cool I wonder if typing counts? It should right? I do love to keep it around for ever if there is such a thing. OK I am like a kid in new ground so watch out