View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 09:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greygravykat

Suspect girlfriend of using again ....

Hey everyone,

I've been away from this forum for a long time now. My sobriety date is 8-3-06 and I have been DOING GREAT! My girlfriend however was still using (Oxy's) after I quit and went into detox and rehab and was doing well for over a year but one day I found 1/2 of a darvocet in one of her dresser drawers and confronted her about it. She said that she took half of it for pain in her back ... which I believe because she had hurt her back and was not able to stand up straight. She said that she only took that one half and was not planning on taking the other half and that she felt bad about taking it in the first place but was in so much pain and Motrin was not working. So we go through that. And everything was fine. Well, this morning she was in bed sleeping (she works nights) and I went in one of her pockets to get her cell phone so that I could plug it in for her and charge it (which I do every morning) and I found an empty prescription bottle. It was a prescription for Vicodin and only part of the label was ripped off as to not show who the prescription belonged to. I woke her up and questioned her about it. My problem is that she seemed really anxious & nervous. She said that she had found the empty bottle in her brother's truck when she was driving it and put it in her pocket (she was wearing cargo shorts) to throw it away and just forgot that it was in there. I don't know if I should give her the benefit of the doubt or not. I don't know if I should trust her. I don't get the sick feeling in my gut when I think about it like I usually do when I suspect someone I care about doing drugs. So I don't know what to think. Right now my plan is to stop at Walgreen’s after work and buy an at Home Drug Test and drive straight to her first job and have her take it. When I mentioned to her this morning that I was going to have her take a drug test she said that she would. I don't think that she believes that I really will go and get one because I have said it before and have not done it. So, if she is using or has used then I am not worried about her trying to clean her system out. What I really want to gain from posting on this forum is some advice. Should I go through with buying a drug test and having her take it or should I just trust her and believe that she is not using again? We have talked about what would happen if she started using again and hid it from me and I found out. She knows that I will leave her. It would be different if she was honest with me when I asked her. I gave her the opportunity to tell me if she was using again this morning but I just don’t believe her. She was acting too weird like she was guilty.

I would greatly appreciate any advice!

Thank you!