View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 05:28 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
K202

Well, I MADE IT THROUGH THE WEEKEND! Booyah! Friday and Saturday were probably my hardest days yet. I am sleeping better now though which is a welcome change. I can honestly say that I feel MUCH better. My head is clearer and life just seems overall brighter. It really is an amazing difference and all it takes my friends is die hard determination to better yourself. Set a goal and let there be no other option than to reach it. I hate failing at my personal goals and I am a very goal oriented person.

To answer all the questions above - please keep in mind that this is my journal. I write my thoughts here so that I can read and review them later. I don't know that I want to get into a weekend drinking ritual again --- but that thought was there when I wrote that post. I would like to be able to have the occasional drink as Ezzi mentioned but I have never had a problem with NOT drinking an entire six pack (or more) in one sitting. My limit is about 4-5 beers over the course of a night (5-6 hours).

My point though is that I'm working toward my goal of bettering my life on a day to day basis. And I think that as long as alcohol does not become a REQUIREMENT of my day to day life (as it was), I will have met my goal.

Thank you all for continuing to read and give your feedback. You all help more than you realize!