View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 12:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
doorknob
Knucklehead

They use SSRI anti-depressants for OCD, but effective dosages are usually very high and for me the reduction in symptoms are very slight. And the side effects of most of the SSRI's (Prozac, Paxil, Zoloft, etc.) at maximum dosage are pretty unpleasant. As far as the direct effect on symptoms, weed can help me get unstuck from something I've been obsessing on, but also leave me more vulnerable to getting pulled into new rituals, atleast until I get too tired and lazy to do anything. If anything it just makes me more accepting of my situation and the way I am so I'm not motivated to really try to get better. It also helped keep my alcoholic drinking in check. Anyway, I pretty much lost access to the stuff with my move, and hey, it's been over 48 hours since I've had a drink. I'm wanting to try life with a clear head again. I passed up beer that was offered to me last night while my gf was having an audition with a band and am kinda proud of that. But I had way too much caffeine and thought I was gonna lose it for a bit. I could still feel it when I woke up this morning. I need to leave that stuff alone too.