View Single Post
Old 12-29-2003, 07:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bonbon

Finding Our Nemo

Well I have to say it is thus far my favorite childrens movie of all time, I've watched it over and over again with my daughter...and even have 2 Nemos in our saltwater tank at work.

For anyone that hasnt seen it dont walk, run to your nearest video store to get it. Thats my official homework assignment...

Nemo is a young fish in the movie who doesnt listen to his father and wanders off getting lost, and finding himself in loads of trouble, the entire movie is the fathers very trying time spent finding Nemo and bringing him back home safely. I relate that movie to the reality of life.

Lovely movie, and Dorie, (ellen degeneres<--sp?) plays her character and is an ablsolute delight. She helps Nemos father throughout the movie in his trek to find Nemo. She tells nemos father in one part of the movie.."You know what you do when life gets you down, (she sings) You Just Keep Swimmin, Just Keep Swimmin, Just Keep Swimmin" it was cute, my daughter will tell me that quoting it from the movie sometimes when she sees im frustrated about something or whatever..makes me smile.

So, Whats your Nemo??

Nemo in the movie was the young fish, and his Father spent his whole self trying to find his son, his only thing in his life of importance to him...

My Nemo at this stage in my life would have to be contentment. A true feeling of happiness and contentment with myself. I have it to a certain extent...but thats one thing in my life I work on everyday, in every area in my life...from what i do for a living, to developing relationships, to my past and being at peace with it and my x-A. Its coming slowly but surely, but I want that more than anything. Its a goal I have to go after it and just keep swimming...to find it.