Old 08-02-2008, 07:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
kj3880

Hmmm. I have to say something here. I disagree that addiction started for all people with a party atmosphere and it just isn't true that all addicts love street life. Not me. I became physically dependant to opioids after surgery in pain management. I never went to a party and got high. I was too sick after my surgeries to party when I was developing my dependance. And I've never bought any drugs on the street. So it is not about the "fun" and social aspect to me. My addiction was private, isolating, and secret.

Only my boyfriend, who was also opiate dependant and alcoholic, knew. Not all addicts like the street life. I'd hate it, I'm a very quiet shy girl in person, and I hate loud, smoky scenes. I don't even like parties at all. I like quiet times, small groups of family and friends around me, or to be alone, reading or writing, creating.

But certainly, everyone is different, there are probably a lot of people who liked that and that may have contributed to their addiction. Just not everyone though.
KJ