Old 08-01-2008, 04:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Barbara52

Originally Posted by anubus View Post
but yet I'm a nervous wreck over it. HOW does one comepletely let go, and NOT feel anxious or worry about it?????????? I released him to God, but yet am still worried, and begging God to please make him bottom out & realize his problems. I just can;t release the feeling that he probably will NEVER change. And honestly, I LOVE him, and he's sick........and it's killing me!!! I keep thinking the "what if's"........what if this doesn;t work, what if he dies, what if he meets another enabler/woman. Ugh.....this is very hard to "let go" when you really love somebody who has this crazy desease, and even though you know it's the right thing to do.......it's HARD!!!!
It is hard to truly let go and let God. It takes practice and effort. But once you do, you will be amazed at how much better you feel.

Thinking "what if" is never helpful really. All it does is drive you crazy. So find a way to stop your thoughts/worries when they intrude in your mind. I've seen some in here suggest putting arubber band or something similar on your wrist and snapping it everything you catch yourself slipping into the codie thoughts. FOr me everytime I started down that path I visualized shoving my concerns about xAH into a globe that God is holding and telling myself that those concerns are out of my control and cannot leak out into my world. Its a learning process. You have to truly be letting go and not wanting to keep enmeshed in the problems and issues that are not yours to own.