View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 12:55 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Room1

Originally Posted by joinedintime View Post
Is it way different to quit for binge drinkers like me than for people that got drunk every day? Anyone have a good link to anything about that question? Or any advice/experience?
I am not sure I would be classed as really and I don't think it makes much difference in the long run. When I was controlling my drinking I would drink everyday, all that controlling meant to me was drinking enough to get a buzz but not enough to wipe me out the next day, the only way I could do that, was to monitor how much I bought and only have that much in the house. I wouldn't have been able to stop if it was just sitting there. Then maybe a couple of times a week I would end out going out to buy more and bringe to excess ending in a blackout. I would feel so bad the next day I wouldn't/couldn't drink for maybe 1 or 2 days. Then when I was feeling better I would start again, I never went more than 3 days usually.

Personally I think that once the initial detox is over it is probably not much difference for bingers or everdayers. The underlying urge to drink would be there for either and once you add alcohol to the body all the craves and old thought patterns return. Thats just my opinion though.

Anyway day 29 for me today, yesterday was pretty crappy to say the least. I was thinking about buying some St John's Wort to see if that lifts my spirits at all, has anybody taken it before, did it help? I took it last year for a while but I thought it was giving me heart problems, duh, I think maybe it was the alcohol doing that lol!

Also I thought as it's the 1st today, maybe we should have some kind of register, make sure we are all present and accouted for? Just a thought.

Sax.