View Single Post
Old 03-31-2002, 05:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Aim
Paused

First let me apologize...I read "Can YOU relate?" and responded to it BEFORE I read this post.
Second and more importantly: NO APOLOGIES are necessary. I am also a surviving daughter of an alcoholic father. My mother and stepfather have major alcohol issues. And I have three older brothers that are all alcoholics.
What happened to your brother is exactly what I fear will happen to mine; I read your post and nearly fell over. I am SO sorry that this happened. The anger, resentment, confusion, sadness. Aside from your loss, I can say that I totally understand.
What really struck me is when you said "when is it time for people to take responsibility for there actions?" That has been one of my biggest issues with all of this, and it causes such an enormous amount of turmoil inside of me. I am at a total loss for words right now. I feel for you more than I can say.
BE pissed. BE unsympathetic. Don't resist what your feeling, and DO NOT apologize for it. I don't think you would ever be expected to be sympathetic. There are hellish things going on around you right now and you have every single right to feel the way you do. I hope I'm making sense here.
I am SO sorry that this happened to your brother, his child, you, his family. I can't begin to imagine.
Take care of yourself. Hold close to those you love and those who love you.