View Single Post
Old 07-29-2008, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
drainedwife

discussion with ah last night

last night my ah and i had a discussion. he did not get loud like i thought he might. he didnt totally deny using either...he just didnt admit its as much as i know it is and he said he knows its wrong he was self medicating because he is so depressed and he said he was sorry and he'll stop. when i asked him if he would get help to save our marriage he said "no--its a waste of time, i am not addicted...i can stop whenever i want."...

he said if i acted better towards him, he wouldnt have any need to use. i said dont you dare blame me..it is not my fault...i am not doing this to you...

he also said he didnt care if he had a heart attack and died because he is so miserable. i said that was selfish because he has 2 girls that need him. he said that i would just take them away from him....

why do i feel bad for him still......i always feel bad for him....he down plays the situation, thinking its not that bad...and that im overreacting....

I know that he is using more than he says by checking the cash advances on his credit cards..he told me the balance was only $1200.00 when i know it is much higher..he also lied about having only 1 card that the bill gets send to his office....i know there are 2 cards....

what is wrong with me that i can accept the situation for what it is--a failed marriage,,,,,and move on. he will never admit that he needs any kind of help.
he just wanted me to stop making him feel bad last night..

any suggestions?