View Single Post
Old 07-27-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
prodigal

Originally Posted by Rosalinda View Post
IAny words of advice to help me with this? I know that I need to stick to my guns and not back down. This is so hard when he is pleading with me and promising to do all the right things. Any advice? I am so scared to deal with the emotion that will most certainly insue...
You are not scared to deal with the emotion ... after all, that's pretty much ALL you've been dealing with for a long time. You are afraid of his rage. And I know from experience, that one of the final trump cards an addict will play from his hand is RAGE.

You may get rage with a mixture of begging, tears, promises to change, etc. But underneath it all, his bottom line is to keep you stuck.

You can meet him in a public place. How much drama can he project in public??? Then you can block his emails and phone calls. They will happen. I promise.

Please, please, please do NOT buy into the "Stand By Your Man" junk he is feeding you. He owns the addiction; he owns the recovery. You owe it to yourself to be in a safe place with people who REALLY care about who you are and value you for YOU.

I'm not saying he won't find recovery. I'm not saying you won't reconcile. But you need to get out of this mess and start your own recovery. You owe that much to yourself. You are worth it.