Old 07-27-2008, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
horsegyrl

I have learned that friendships come and go. Some are broken, lost forever. Some should have never been, were just an illusion. Others remain, but are unforgiving and on the outskirts, never to return. Very precious few stay true. And those, even if silent and distant, are my favorites -could be brought back to life immediately and happily with a few words, with a brief checking in, just a simple, “How are you?”. And then there are those that are gone and disappeared, only to be visited with flowers laid on a grave and memories of some other time and place.
I’m still thinking on relationships in terms of SR? I don’t know if that word for me applies. I know it is true in here for many. In some sense, on some level…but perhaps a fleeting thing, a thing that helps and lasts while the SR network is connected.
But in the end, everyone logs off of SR at some point. To be left with what remains in the reality of every day, every night. Breathing in and breathing out. I think it’s what we do then that makes possibilities real. …Or real possibilities.