Old 07-27-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

Originally Posted by 353 View Post
I'm left with the feeling that I have very little experience at being a friend. My life was always consumed by the selfish thought that I need them, so I must do things to acquire them and keep them. Always self-centered....always!! "I can't believe after all I've done for you, you could treat me this way"....always with the balance sheet...keeping score.

Maybe that should be my game-plan, throw away the scorecard and start learning how to be a friend, a true friend, now that would be a change for the better for me.
yeah. i'm with you on all of that. selfishness and addiction are definitely happily together and living in sin. for me acceptence of that fact won the day. keeping score just re-enforced my blind desires to justify my own character defects to promote my next misstep in my not being a good friend such as the classic "ahhh... who needs the f ucker anyways."

yup. keeping score in a game that we're always losing pisses us off no end. anger breeds resentments which nourish fake behaviours and in turn destructive responses to those behaviours. can't win for trying with that ****. yeah, toast that game card.

a true friend. wow. that rocks. imagine the possibilites. hahaha. i so drool at true friends now. thanks 353!

Robby