Old 07-26-2008, 09:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ananda

I guess I don't really get the question...a friendship is one way we define certain relationship. My sponsor and I have a sponsorship relationship and part of it is friendship. I have co-workers who some are only professional but many are also friendships. I have had a couple of dates and the relationship is friendship, but also romatic.

But life and recovery is summed up for me by the word relationships. My relationship with the people in my life and my relationship to things...my house, my money, my car, my clothes (alot of this is a matter of taking care of the things in my life and properly using them as well). My relationship to spiriutality, society, politics etc.

Everything in my life is in relationship to something else.

The friends I had in my life today are the same relationships that I had when I was drinking...plus I have even more relationships with people in AA and minus my friends who were the liquer store owners...but even they are still people who were friends to me when I was drinking and who I simply don't see anymore because I cannot be in a liquer store. I still think they were some pretty nice, kind and caring people.

Anyways...like I said..don't really get this so I'll read with interest as others chip in

Thanks Robby.