Old 07-26-2008, 08:41 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
RobbyRobot
Adventures In SpaceTime

These are tough questions needing good answers. Addicts come and go like the weather and establishing a place where one can start friendships is challenging for all. And relationships even more so… what can we do?

In the street world of booze and drugs the only rule is there are no rules. its all about my dog eats your dog. On the street addicts want to think they are buying and selling drugs, booze, sex, and fast toys to make it all happen and find that sweet spot to live some kind of life.

In our world of sharing and caring the only rule is don’t pick up. It’s all about friends love friends. In recovery the path-plan addicts want to think they are receiving and giving away experience, strength, and hope. Booze and drugs here ?! Sex and fast toys here ?! And all of us looking for that sweet spot again… so the prize remains’ the same but the game play plan is changed.

And what is game play plan? I dunno that we all will agree but to most it speaks to the quality of the game itself. Meaning usually pros have better game play then amateurs. But not always. Some players have natural gifts. Others can’t play decently if their life depended on it. Hold on now… their life does… what to do? And the plan? The plan is all the theory that moves the action. Makes things happen. Rock and roll it through the path.

In an established recovery fellowship for example SR we will have experienced and newcomers; and they come in five distinct flavors of their own such as: old timer in recovery but new to the forums here [that’s me] and that vice versa; and the newcomer to both; and the old timer to both; and all the middle ground in-between. And of course then the mods play too. So here we have all our players…. Heh heh

Ok so what to do?

I hope you guys that this thread attracts postings about your selves as I know that friendships and relationships is a big issue in recovery and no less on SR. We all want some. We all want to get rid of some. And a few feel they have none really, as to the way they see it. The mods try to make sure every one gets some at welcome, but that in itself can get stale for the member who won’t play in the game, or can’t play they have poorly decided for whatever reason.

Ok so the rest of this post then is going to be about my own early experiences in my 5 weeks or so here at SR. Simply put I love it here at SR. what is there not to like? Hahaha. I so mean that. I came here looking for fellowship and got blown away with the quality of the players here calling me out to play. You guys all rock and I thank you and you each know who you are to me because I made sure I told you. Yup I did.

I already got some time in clean sobriety and I like to be, honestly ok, i like hanging with the middle players and the newcomers, because that is where all the action and fun is. That is where lives are saved and lost, and that is where the heat keeps the joint jumping. And I just love that. Yes, I am super clean, but I loved the party atmosphere of the streets…so deep and sensual and exciting. I won’t believe anybody who says they were there, rocked with it, and now say they don’t miss the party air. That is denial thru and thru. i have no shame saying so and I have the credentials to back up my words. Tell anybody you’re gonna have a party filled with people who like to party and those guys will jam up and a great rockin party is on. Hahaha works every time. So beautiful.

So I guess I like to party, eh!

Yeah, that has been good for me and bad for me here at SR methinks. So ok then, that starts the thread going. i'll add more real soon...

Robby