View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 07:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GiveLove

I'm so sorry you're going through this, rosalinda.

But I tend to agree with prodigal........a man who lies, who is verbally abusive, controlling, jealous, yelling, manipulative, and did I mention controlling? He may exhibit some loving behaviors from time to time, but from what you've said, I would guess he's very much like my "very loving" ex-boyfriend, whose loving actions were all very carefully calculated to keep me with him. Perhaps you, like I, mistake desperation for love.

It doesn't sound like this relationship is about YOU at all. It sounds like it's all about him. I have been there too....the begging whenever it looked like he wasn't going to get his way any more (i.e. have me any more), the emotional manipulation.

Is this what you want out of a loving relationship? Not what he COULD be, and what he SOMETIMES is, but the kind of man that he is showing himself to be?

We can't know, from here, but if I just look at your words, I'd agree with your own statement that this truly is an unhealthy relationship for you.

"Normal" relationships are all different, but for me the deal-breakers are trust, trust and more trust. Trust he won't tear me down for his own purposes. Trust he'll respect my wishes and hear my concerns. Trust that he'll tell me the truth.

Do you have trust?

He expects you to "stand by him." Who's been standing by you, all this time? Not him.