View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Cassey

feeling all bunchy and nervous

I am spending to much of my time thinking about things and worrying about others when I really need to stop and worry about myself.

I cant change things that are going to happen for others but I can change myself.

Being a mother with a 19 year old child, she will figure things out. My daughter still lives at home and she works full time at the present time and is registered for 14 credit hours (full time) for the fall semester.

Her temporary job may be ending very soon and I am just worrying about what she is going to do if it ends.

I know that I am not doing myself any good worrying about this. But this is how I am with everything, I worry and worry and I try to fix things.

Let go and Let God.

I worry about my son, he tends to live on the edge at 15 years old. If you know what I mean kinda walks the fine line, does what he has to do to get buy. He is going into his sophmore year in highschool, and he did pass all his classes and received all his credit for 9th grade. But I am constantly on his butt to do what he has to do. FRUSTRATING.

I always tell him that I am not on his butt cause that is what I like to do, I am on his butt for him. I tell him this isnt going to be my future this is your future and unless you want to work at taco bell your whole life you need to do this for you, becuase you are not going to be able to support yourself let alone a family on that kind of wages.

He plays baseball and hockey I have tried to keep him busy with sports and I am very involved with him and dont miss a game.

I know that he loves to play, but I am tired of getting him up everday and pushing him to get to his practices. He grunts and has attitude about getting up.

It is summer and he has hockey four days a week with the highschool for the fall league, and is baseball league is almost ending, maybe his last play off game Monday, if they loose that day they are done.

I am very curious if he would do what he has to do or even if he wants to do what he is doing. Or if he is doing these things because I am telling him that he needs to stay involved. Just where do you draw the line at (15)??

My youngest daughter is 10 years old, and I dont have the serious situations with her as of yet due to age, just little things.

When does a parent step back and just let things fall the way they are intended to fall. I feel like I am at the point with my two older kids that there is not a whole heck of alot I can do anymore. Even though my son is 15 and needs direction, he is at a very hard age. I just keep talking to him and talking to him, but sometimes I feel it is just in vain.