Thread: feeling weird
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 11:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jarkness

feeling weird

Hi there

This is a new strange experience for me it has been an incredible pleasure reading the posts today and to see the love and support from everyone. Maybe I can do it this time.

I took my last drink last Thursday (Jul 17) but it's difficult as I am starting to think I can have a drink tonight as had a stressful day. I am thinking 'I feel ok physically now, if it is this easy to go five days it will be easier to go another five days without after tonight.' The thing is this has never worked before. So I should know that it won't this time either, but it is still so tempting.

I work full-time in a good job in the government but feel very alone when I get home from work so it is too easy to reach for the wine bottle. I know I must keep this job because I am a woman with no family support and have never been married or had an 'intimate' partnership, so I must financially keep myself afloat. I think they know at work that I have a habit, but it is very easy in Australia to get away with it in the workplace so long as you do what is asked of you. I have been drinking since I was 19 and now I am 43. My longest time without was 3 months back in 1997.

Many thanks for listening. I hope I can not pick up a drink tonight.