View Single Post
Old 07-21-2008, 08:04 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Suzisharpshoote

thanks Ex D-Boy,

I didn't want to offend anyone, but it literally was the 1st thing that popped into my head. Not to belittle anyone struggling with a pill or other addiction...

For me, it was/is , the strangest thing, I've been in the clubs, here all my life, I've seen dancing girls go down on Coke, dope, smack, crack you name it..I've had it in my hand, sometimes up my nose, hell I snorted the crack for a bit here/there, take it or leave it.....but in the end, when I thought I settled down, took off my dancing shoes, left my daughters father, who owned the club..moved to the suburbs... it was the booze that kept its claws deep in me. I think you hit it, it must be something in the brain, that triggers some sort of visceral response to create the addiction to a certain substance..

I've wrecked homes, cars, relationships, & I'm sure my brain on Russian Vodka...I know it is my drug of choice.

I will continue to keep this thread alive & alert anyone if I get a private PM asking for anything legal or illegal that would threaten recovery...:ghug