View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
beegee

Laurie,
I think her son is ok but I know he isn't working so you may be right, or she is just sure she is right about this. I am not sure but with all the comments here I do feel better I mean I know I am not in denial but was feeling like maybe I was.

I think when you post something like ( my parents shutting the door in my face or saying No was the best thing they could have done for me) sends such a strong message to us beginners. I know Impurrfect also said similar and for me that is like a slap in the face to wakeup and stop enabling. I have been all talk because she is in rehab and when she comes home Actions will speak louder then words!
And I always want to remember the words from your mouths not to enable. I thank you for that. And even though it has only been a month, I think I have learned so much from all of you because I was really ignorant of the word (enable) And I think for a mom it is instilled in us to help. But now being here we know the difference and it is so comforting to know we can come here and share or ask for help , ideas, hugs.:ghug