Thread: Mom vs Codie
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2008, 05:34 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Helpus,

Better a tattoo than a drug.

Yesterday I was talking with a friend, about 9 months clean and sober, still struggling like all get outs. She says she calls me cause we can talk and that I'm easy to talk to. Of course we are in different programs, but we're still both working at the 12 step thing and "turning our life and our will" over to our HP. (Maybe I should say trying, daily, to do that.)

So yesterday as SHE is calling ME for support, I told her a little of what is going on in my life at this point regarding my RAD. (It's always something, isn't it?) She'a smart enough in her recovery to tell me all the time, "Hey, don't ask me. I have to ask my sponsor about everything. I don't know nothin'!" But in our conversation, she quiety and humbly said, "Well, can't you just trust God on this?"

BAM!!!! A nine month, struggling to stay clean/sober person said exactly what I needed to hear..."Can't I just trust God on this?"

For me, helpus, that's what core of my program is about. If I'm going to surrender MY life to my HP, and get out of the way so He and my RAD can work on her life, why in the world would I do that if I don't trust him? Either I trust my HP or I don't.

So it's been running through my mind all last night and this a.m. "Can't I just trust God on this?"

Amazing how our HP brings people and statements into our lives when we aren't expecting it.

Just thought I'd share. Thanks for listening...

Mama hugs,
Hangin' In