Thread: Mom vs Codie
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2008, 06:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
helpus

Cool Mom vs Codie

My daughter has been clean for about 15 months and lives with her fiance who has been clean more than 2 years. I absolutly adore her fiance. Well I have senced that there has been trouble in paradise for a few months now. Sometimes my daughter makes coments, like she's not going to marry him because he needs to clean up his finacial past. He has found craigslist & spent abit of $$. He has also played cards & gone over his allowece a few times. He really is a great guy with a big big heart.

Well my daughter (22) told me that her & fiance had a talk the other night & he finally opend up & told her he is not happy. He is affraid that they more or less just got clean together & are now growing in different directions. He was worried that if he breaks up with her that I will not want anything to do with him. Not true, he's really become part of the family, with or without my daughter.

He said he wants the weekend to do some sole searching. I am very proud the way my RAD has handled herself. She said, "Danm I was just more or less frutrated about finaces, I had no idea that I might loose him." She is giving him his space this weedend, not just crying & begging him to stay. She told him that she loves him & wants to be with him. She said she is willing to do what it takes to work on the relationship. She even said she would go to couples counseling if he wanted.

I hope things work out like their HP has planed. She would end up moving back home w us. After having my kids, stepkids & friends of kids moving in & out of here the last couple years it has been pretty nice & peaceful the last few months without them. Gosh, that sounds aweful doesn't it? My RAD doesn't make enough $$ to get a place of her own. (for those of you who remember.. the small trustfund she had was spent on drugs) She would need to save. I don't feel as a mom I could tell her no, you can't come here.