View Single Post
Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Startingover2

Originally Posted by sadandhopeless View Post
Who would actually give him pitty that he would gravatate to? I would have no sympathy for this. No matter how drunk - no one should ever drink and drive. My AH did have a DUI - about 10 years ago and he has never driven drunk again. That would be it for me. They do not have a right (no matter how drunk they are) to put the lives of others and their family in jeopardy of serious injury or death because they are so extremly selfish! Drunk Drivers really get to me. It takes 5 minutes to call a cab or find a ride home - eventaully they get cought although from what I read here they continue to do it.

The fear alone of thinking you could hurt someone or kill them should keep them from driving drunk.

Sorry it is a sore spot for me.
It is for me too. I have begged and pleaded for AH to stop driving drunk. He always said he was 'fine'. Blowing a .22 he was not fine. Last summer his buddy from high school plowed into a family while driving drunk and killed the mom in the front seat. He is in jail now. AH's reaction to that was like yours or mine would be, but he was doing the same dang thing.