It hit the papers!

Old 07-17-2008, 02:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It hit the papers!

Another ego blow to AH. His DUI hit the paper this week. It was in the Sheriffs Report. Thankfully his name was not said, but it did say that he said he hadn't slept in 4 days (a lie), only had a few beers (another lie), and was on Prozac and Lorazapam and that was the reason he failed his sobriety tests. It also said he was released to his wife. I don't know if he has seen it yet, but by the end of the day he will I am sure.

He is still distant and pushing me away and gravitating towards those who are claiming he was a victim.

I am trying to be my cheery self like nothing ever happened. I can't. These were his choices and after 2 years of driving completely intoxicated he got caught. No need to blame others.

I do pity him. I am sure he must be scared of the penalties. Hard to watch someone you love disinegrate like this.
Old 07-17-2008, 05:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

yes it is very hard to watch those we love dissolve like they do....

I got news that my brother yet again got another DUI-that is on top of the 2nd one he got 3 weeks ago. (Oh wait that would now be number 6) anyway his excuse for not blowing in the breath thingy both times was that he was given Lexapro so that is what was wrong (Ahem quack quack)

Anyway know you are not alone with this and we are here for you!
Take care of YOU!
Old 07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Who would actually give him pitty that he would gravatate to? I would have no sympathy for this. No matter how drunk - no one should ever drink and drive. My AH did have a DUI - about 10 years ago and he has never driven drunk again. That would be it for me. They do not have a right (no matter how drunk they are) to put the lives of others and their family in jeopardy of serious injury or death because they are so extremly selfish! Drunk Drivers really get to me. It takes 5 minutes to call a cab or find a ride home - eventaully they get cought although from what I read here they continue to do it.

The fear alone of thinking you could hurt someone or kill them should keep them from driving drunk.

Sorry it is a sore spot for me.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadandhopeless View Post
Who would actually give him pitty that he would gravatate to? I would have no sympathy for this. No matter how drunk - no one should ever drink and drive. My AH did have a DUI - about 10 years ago and he has never driven drunk again. That would be it for me. They do not have a right (no matter how drunk they are) to put the lives of others and their family in jeopardy of serious injury or death because they are so extremly selfish! Drunk Drivers really get to me. It takes 5 minutes to call a cab or find a ride home - eventaully they get cought although from what I read here they continue to do it.

The fear alone of thinking you could hurt someone or kill them should keep them from driving drunk.

Sorry it is a sore spot for me.
It is for me too. I have begged and pleaded for AH to stop driving drunk. He always said he was 'fine'. Blowing a .22 he was not fine. Last summer his buddy from high school plowed into a family while driving drunk and killed the mom in the front seat. He is in jail now. AH's reaction to that was like yours or mine would be, but he was doing the same dang thing.