Thread: new and scared
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
trapped2008

new and scared

I'll try to keep this short and with as little whining as possible. Let me start by saying that I KNOW that my bottom may look like luxury to some. I know I am lucky to have a family who will take me in and a job when everyone is hurting for money....I'm off track.

I addicted to pain pills..mostly loratabs. That's what I thought anyway until I couldn't get ahold of them recently (for about two months)and started upping my prescribed Ativan(that I've been off and on...mostly on since around 14yrs. I'm 32 now) to make it around the opiate withdrawal symptoms that i'd started to feel from no pain pills.(oh and I'm on zoloft & welbutrin and have been on some antidepresant since 12 or so).

I BELIEVE that I've only been abusing the pain pills for about a year now. I took them at parties once in a blue moon in college then was diagnossed with Trigiminial Nueralgia a disease that is extremelly painful but not constantly...so they were around. Over time I started taking them when I felt sad and in the last year it's been daily no matter how I felt.

I've been lurking and researching for a while, so the "sub route" looks right to me since I can't tell enough people to make it cold turkey...plus I'm scared. Scared of my depression of what will happen in my head if I feel worse than I do now.

Still can't "find anything" and running low on my ativan. I am feeling withdrawals from both now, I think.

2 questions(for now..ha):
is anyone taking their antidepresants with pain pills or did you?

can i even be considered for the sub programs if i take antidepressants and ativan regularly?

OK. Hit me.