View Single Post
Old 07-16-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
freya

Originally Posted by needtolearn View Post
I would like to post this, but what is the purpose of stating this? Is this an exercise of "letting the universe know what you want" kind of thing? Please explain this to me please.
Well, first off, to me, speaking things aloud and letting the Universe know is very important.....Secondly, as GiveLove said, most people in this particular area of the site are here because they have the dangerous and unhealthy habit of caring more (or only) about and focusing more (or only) on other people's wants and needs rather than their own. Finally, in order to care about and focus on one's own wants and needs, one obviously needs to know what they are and believe that they are important and that it is OK to have them and to pursue getting them met.

Thus, IMO, a thread like this both helps newcomers do that (i.e identify their wants and validate them by "speaking" them aloud) and learn that that is, in fact, an important and healthy and necessary thing to do. Also, depending on who posts, it can provide a valuable example of what doing that might look like.

So, needtolearn, what do YOU want?????

freya