what I want thread

Old 07-11-2008, 08:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gns

what I want thread

Just thought I would add to Redd's thread - great idea!

what do YOU want?
Old 07-12-2008, 10:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hmmmmmm. I want to be happy. I know that's broad, so I'll elaborate...

I want to be able to love myself all the time
I want to take care of myself and not feel guilty about that ever!
I want to be healthy physically (I am, thank God) and emotionally (still getting there)
I want to be successful at my job
I want to learn to live a chaos-free life and be ok with that (sounds weird, but as an ACOA, I have a hard time with this)
I want to surround myself with people who are positive
I want to get married some day
I want to have children
I want to live to 100 without regrets
I want to continue to grow for as long as I'm here on earth

Ok, I think that's a good start!
Old 07-13-2008, 08:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
gns

Thank you for sharing your list NYC_Chick.
I have been thinking about my list:

1. I want a healthy playmate/partner - someone fun and adventerous, affectionate, with values, good-looking and tall (superficial but I would rather be honest and get feedback), good sense of humor, smart, honest with integrity, emotionally available, a friend (is it bad that this is first on my list?)

1. I want to love myself and vlaue myself all the time like NYC said (nicely put)

3. I want to be emotionally/spiritually centered

4. I want to be satisfied at work (not look for validation there either, but feel like my work is fulfilling and meaningful)

5. I want to take care of my body - yoga/exercize/eating right

6. Live a sensual life - enjoy yummy food (which I do) and beautiful places

7. Have deeply fulfilling relationships and fun relationships - a full and well-rounded interpersonal life

8. I want to travel and grow and be moved - see beautiful old churches, explore new cultures and new food (yes I am a foodie)

9. Play - indulge the fun adventerous side of my personality - learn to ski, go to amusement parks, bowl (I suck), ride horses etc

10. Learn - take an architectural tour, learn something outside of work that I enjoy

11. Learn to be in my core, strong and stable
Old 07-13-2008, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Can't make sense out of crazy.

I'm not ignoring your thread, gns, just need time to think it over real well....
Old 07-13-2008, 08:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
gns

Thanks, strongerwoman, I know you are going through a lot and I am so proud of you!!!

I found it helpful to write my list, it made me feel like I have a direction and an intention
Old 07-13-2008, 08:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I want to experience conscious contact with God every day
I want to experience greater love every day
I want to see more beauty in the people around me and in those I will never meet
I want to want exactly what I have right now

....for starters (lol)
Old 07-13-2008, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I want to continue my personal journey to personal and spiritual growth.

I want to begin focusing more on where my future is rather than my sons. They are young adults and its time to let them be more fully responsible for themselves.

I want to figure out what I wanna be when I grow, or at least the next phase of who I am.

I want to improve my physical condition. I've been neglecting proper exercise and nutrition for way too long. I've lost 35+ pounds but want to lose another 30ish.

I want to save up money to travel.

I want to take some classes, perhaps become a certified EMT and change careers.

I want to figure out what my dreams are. It's been so long that I allowed myself to have dreams that I don't know anymore.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Curled up in a good book...

I want...peace.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:56 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I work to love myself enough so that I don't keep looking for it elsewhere, I strive to challenge myself each and every day to live without fear and keep moving forward. I work to be financially secure, and I choose to have a pedicure once a week... I started writing this with all the wants, then changed the wording because I read somewhere awhile back that I can "want" all I "want" and all I will continue to have is "wanting".... I need to put it out to the Universe that I am working towards those goals, not just wanting them...) just a thought!
Old 07-13-2008, 11:16 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I want to feel the same connection I had with my higher power as I felt after the birth of my children.

I want to stop feeling so angry about things I can not change.

I want to get out of the rut of self pity I am in right now.

Those are my immediate desires, my long term ones are:

To follow through with my education. The ball is rolling, I just need to keep it going.

Like bookwyrm, I want peace. The kind that surrounds your whole being.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

WOW! This is great! Fantastic responses! I'll chime in.

I want to search within me, look closely and accept what I find
I want to tell me the truth
I want to look in the mirror and smile about who I am
I want to replace the liar inside me with a content and consistent speaker of truth
I want to stop comparing myself with others

Um, I also think this is an excellent time to mention that I'd reallllly like a waffle one sundae from Baskin Robins. With nuts, sprinkles and gobs of whipped cream. Picture me grinning my face off, enjoying ice cream in the sunshine! Just me, the ice cream and my new speaker-of-the-truth.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:21 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I want my Harley back
Old 07-13-2008, 01:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I want to be humble

I want to help people who are less fortunate than I am, by giving of my time and my money

I want the space to take in more abandoned animals

I want to truly experience what it means to "Let go and Let God"
Old 07-13-2008, 01:31 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Well, right at this very moment I really, really want kd lang!!!! OMG, I went to Starbucks to get some coffee ground for my partner, and they had her new CD there....and I'm not even that into her music (rock tends to be more my thing), but the photo on the back...WOW!....I almost bought the stupid thing just to have the photo...

.....OK enough, freya, breathe...and answer the question for real, now.....

What I truly want -- I want to be steadily and surely connected to HP in such a way as to be able to sense/feel and be guided by that connection no matter what is going on in my life or in the physical/material world.

I had a dream last week about a painting -- at least I think it is a real, well-known painting that I've seen somewhere, but I could be wrong about that and just made it up in my dream -- but anyway, it is a painting of a person walking through some kind of terrible, ugly situation (I can't remember for sure if it's like a war-type thing, or sickness and disease, or extreme poverty or some symbolic depiction of all of the above), but the person is walking through it all with his eyes looking upward and it's like he is connected by a ray of light or something to God, so even though he's walking through this terrible mess, he is not even looking at or being affected by it because he is being totally guided by God. (If anyone knows what painting this might be, please let me know.....I have this image in my mind so strongly for the last several days, and if it's not just a dream, I'd love to look it up and get a copy!)

So, anyway, what I want is to be in that kind of relationship with HP and to be able to stay connected with that kind of guidance no matter what happens. I think that the more I work toward that and the better I become at holding and staying with that connection, the more everything else in my life will just fall into place that way HP wants it to be....So, in a way, I guess, it's not even really about what I want...it's about trying to align my life with what HP wants for me and keeping my spiritual gaze always on that....

....is this making any sense to anyone but me????? It's kinda hard to explain, but my guess is that the more connected I am to HP, the less anything else I might think I want (like kd lang LOL!) or don't want will really matter to me...

freya
Old 07-13-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
"Welcome To The Future..."

Interesting thread. . . What do I want? Probably more than this space would allow me to type! But here are the top five:

1. To be healthy, both mentally and physically.
2. To have someone in my life who will return as much love as I have to give.
3. To hear the pitter-pat of little feet in my house while feeling a life grow within me.
4. To regain my profession where I can help heal the sick and injured.
5. To always have my family and friends pick me up when I have fallen and to be able to return the favor.

And here is one I want for everyone:

To live in that moment when night meets dawn,
When all is quiet, when all is pure,
When the world seems at peace,
When your soul is satisfied with who you have become.

Love,

butterfly19 (SP)

May all your dreams come true. . . .
Old 07-13-2008, 01:53 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
gns

Wow, such inspiring and beautiful "wants". Thank you so much for sharing, I am really touched by all of you lovely people!
Old 07-13-2008, 02:12 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I want to be able to stand before my three beautiful daughters and have them know that I love myself, I'm taking care of myself, and that I will not allow anyone to abuse me. They love me so very much and worry about me all the time, and I need to close this chapter of my life so I cause them no more pain. I want to be the person they already think I am.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

C'mon, people.....nobody else out there has any "wants"? Why do I SO not believe that????
Old 07-15-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Okay, Freya, okay

I want...

To be remembered as a kind, strong, funny, compassionate, and smart woman by all the people in my life.

To be a kind, strong, funny, compassionate, smart woman.

To have a healthy body, a calm and creative mind, a big smile, and a sick sense of humor

To laugh at least fifty times per day

To have so much fun doing my job that I sometimes forget whether I'm working or playing, and sometimes forget whether someone is my client or my friend.

To never, ever shy away from hard work that's going to open up my life to more joy.

To never be afraid to speak my truth. And like Natalie Goldberg says, I hope to never forget that you don't have to slash with the sword of truth; you can point with it also.

To never take what I have for granted. To never waste and never want.

To learn whatever it is I am meant to do with my life, so that I'm not wasting even a minute of the little bit of time I've been given on this planet.

To grow old among friends and family, knowing that I lived my life by my own terms.

To see Africa some day.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:15 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Great thread. Here are just a *few*...

I want to feel that I complete me, not anyone else,
I want to raise my sons to be happy, healthy and secure in who they are,
I want to stop the constant worry about the future, including my out of control hypochondria,
I want to be financially independent,
I want passion and fun,
I want to live in the present and know I am fine,
I want calm and peace for myself and everyone here,
I want a nanny.