Thread: Need Help
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2008, 12:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kas

Need Help

I have been reading posts for awhile and it really helps! Two years ago my daughter married a crack addict. Need I say more. At the time they got together he was clean. She knew he had problems because she had been attracted to him when she was younger. But his lifestyle kept her from becoming involved with him at that time. She, nor I, had no idea what a crack addicts behavior is like. My husband and I have tried to help. We went as far as to pay for rehab a year or so ago. For awhile after his relapse he held it together somewhat. Meaning, only taking off once every couple a weeks or so later in the evening. Coming home later at night. Which brings me to the reason I need help. My daughter has 2 children. One 2 year old that they have together and a 10 year old that she shares 50/50 custody with the father. Because my grand daughter is at her dads half the time and my son inlaw was somewhat under control there has been limited dialogue about his addiction. Now things have really gone down hill and my daughter needs to address whats going on in the house with my grand daughter. We don't know what or how much to tell her. If anyone knows of any good literature or plain old good advice I would appreciate it. Sorry this got so long. I have a gift for rambling.

Kas