View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hangin' In
Southern through and through

Lou Ann,

Sorry about the relapse, but as a man in my Al Anon group (who is also in AA) said to me one time after my AD's relapse, "Yep, that's what we do."
I remember him saying it so matter of fact, so nonchalantly. And he was right. Sometimes relapse happens, but don't throw in the towel. He's had a year of sobriety and knows how that feels.

Regarding leaving him in jail, remember you are helping him see there ARE consequences for choices. We both know consequences don't get them sober, but they sure get their attention!

Might make you feel better that I have a friend who is doing the same thing you are doing tonight....thinking about their child in jail and she's leaving her there.
As I told my friend re her child..."She's safe, has a bed, 3 meals a day and you sure don't have to worry about where she is." She's letting her sit and thinking about how she got there. I think that's smart.

Another thing ... my sponsor has always told me to tell my RAD, "Well, honey, you got yourself into this and I'm sure you'll figure out how to work it out."

Hang in there, Lou Ann. You're doing great. Maybe you can make a meeting or two.

Hugs,
Hangin' In