Thread: the buzz
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Kellye C

My "drinking career" was "only" 3.5 years in length. I remember the buzz in the beginning but stupid as this is gonna sound I have never liked feeling out of control of myself. Made me a crappy pothead and never did anything else. I started drinking basically to go to sleep but it went terribly out of control terribly quickly.

I do remember the relief that I would feel when the drink would hit, the puking would stop and the shakes would stop and I would feel normal. I would feel relief. Then I would feel terror and shame, guilt and remorse that I was that physically dependent on alcohol that I had to keep small bottles of wine in my purse and alcohol on me or with me at all times (including at work) or go into horrible withdrawals.

I don't need a buzz today. I get happiness from time spent with family, friends and my AA group, singing both kareoke and with a live band, surfing the net, working. It's not fleeting like a buzz, it is sustainable.

I see this was your second post so welcome to SR!!!! Hope you have many, many more!

Take care,
Kellye