View Single Post
Old 07-12-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
respektingme

I had to go back and reread your name because I thought you might be my brother. He sounds so similar. He's in his early 30's and stopped his Prozac last year. His brain never stops. Anyway, he started getting counseling a few months ago. I'm starting to see a difference. I think it's helping to talk out his ideas with a professional to see how others view things. Like one of the things his counselor is working with him on is the extremes he feels and thinks.

My brother used to talk about things in his past, like things in his childhood. To be honest, between the two of us, he had it better. I forgave my parents long ago, but he held on fiercely to some specific events, which were relatively minor. He would replay them over and over. I finally figured out that by my discussing them with him, he was feeding off of our conversation to get really wound up. So I just stopped participating in those conversations. But now he's moved on to social issues, like immigration.

Anyway, just wanted to add that he doesn't do this so much anymore. I hope that means his brain is slowing down a tad. But you might want to consider that option.