Old 07-10-2008, 08:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Pinkcuda

When my kids were born I figured my drinking had to be dealt with, just not right now. I had a little more time. Birthdays would roll around and I knew I had to do something soon. Just not just yet. I still had some time. Kindergarten started and I said that I would need to be doing something about my drinking pretty soon. Not just yet however. Little friends would come over and see me drinking. They didn't know about alcohol since they were only 5-6 years old. Therefore I still had some drinking to do. Pretty soon I would need to do something about it.
Pretty soon the kids put 2-2 together and figured it out. It wasn't that bad since they didn't really know what was going on. I still had to quit someday.
Someday came!! I was met at the Day Care by a Woman from Social Services and a couple of cops. They took the kids away.
I got in my truck and the cop was at my right window and the woman was at the drivers window explaining that I could go home and pack the kids cloths and some toys to bring then to their new Foster Home. All the while I was sliding my drink between the seat and the door so they couldn't see it.
That was my last drink! 09/03/03
Moral of the story is don't wait till the right moment to do something about your drinking for the kids sake. Tomorrow might be too late!