Old 07-10-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Theresa

I don't know but I know that that fear stopped me in my tracks last fall. I also knew I was soooo tired of being scared all the time.

I found listening to Eckhardt Tolle's discussions on YouTube helpful. He explains that our fear comes from spending too much time in our mind and focusing on the past (all our mistakes and missed chances) and the future (things we are afraid of happening). As a result of these views, we remain in a state of constant panic (which was and still often is me).

The humor in all of this (and I am really working on laughing at myself) is that all this time I have been spending fretting over the past and worrying about the future is keeping me from enjoying TODAY--now, just right now.

Intestingly, right NOW I have no real problem facing me--I mean just this moment. I know that I have bills to pay, a long list of things I need to do, etc. But this instant, I am not in pain or under threat. So I need to focus on that and then just slowly work through the things I need to do.

I am trying to see my constant fear as a perspective (past or future) rather than as something I need to better identify. Because you know, if I spend too much time thinking about my fears, again, I miss the point of just being Now--here, this moment, visiting with you!