View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
needtolearn

Originally Posted by Barbara52 View Post
It may be that you only need to forgive yourself. You only acted human afterall.
And again another phrase as I was just about to type. You know, I spoke to a Christian friend, who had her own addiction struggles, and she told me that maybe being a bit harsh might be a good thing for him?

Along with the many characteristics of an addict, they are very callous and hard hearted. They tell so many lies, they manipulate and play so many games, especially with themselves.

Then, I thought, you know, God makes no mistakes. It's no mistake that we were paired together. God know me, and he knew it would take someone like me, so honest and upfront, to try to give this dude a sign (and I've been learning so many lessons from "dude" as well).

So, although the delivery was harsh, I believe that it took a woman like me to say the things that I did (You could have died in the accident, but God gave you a second chance, you don't want to get better, go to hell).

In a perverse way, maybe I did speak a blessing, because maybe it took for someone like me to break through that hard heart, and to see through the smokescreen. Again NOT MY JOB TO SAVE HIM, but I don't think God makes any mistakes. So I don't feel so guilty anymore. I said exactly what he needed to hear.