View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 12:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Pick-a-name

Originally Posted by Bernadette View Post
Hey Kindeyes!! Must've been writing at the same moment!!
So there's 2 recommends for the same book Reddmaxx!
B.
haha.........I was just about to recommend the same book,too until I saw that you two have already done it! I've gotten a lot out of that book! (Ketcham is the other author,I believe.)

When AH's drinking showed up on MY radar screen and I was aware of it and "watching it and wondering",I became concerned. When I mentioned it and he in earlier years agreed,and tried to "cut back" but still drank and the issue came up again and again....my concern grew. When I mentioned it and he denied it was a problem (to him or me...what?) ....well, I knew it was growing. And when he he chose divorce over quitting (of course,not how he worded it); I should have no doubts.

haha...funny thing is;some days I still wonder....is it just me? The alcoholics are not the only ones in denial.

A problem causes problems. When we (or they) actually admit to the problem,then we know we will have to deal with it. No wonder we hope it is a passing phase.

p.s. My ex AH is still very successful in business; is more organized and neat than me (actually,the more out of control his behavior/drinking the more rigid and controlling he has become about his behaviors and surroundings;at least those for the public eye). His father (also A) is a retired MD who describes an alcoholic ("bad alcoholic") as someone who has behaved in certain ways that neither of them has...yet. Skid row;arrested for beating his wife, lost license due to DUIs,etc. That's what FIL told me,and why he says AH doesn't have a problem;kids and I are the problem. sad,but typical.

Last edited by Pick-a-name; 07-09-2008 at 10:50 AM.