View Single Post
Old 07-08-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
respektingme

If you were married to me, for example, giving up booze would be like asking me to give up cheesecake. I mean, if it's there, I might take a few bites. But it's not my favorite thing in the world. I may have a piece every 3-4 months. But I certainly wouldn't care if I couldn't have it anymore.

Alcoholics spend a lot of time thinking about booze. They plan around it, they know how much they have left at home, they know when they can drink and obsess about it. They are simply obsessed with it.

Took me years to recognize when my AH is picking a fight with me, for the sole purpose of justifying his drinking!! Hellfire!! Drink! Don't drag me down for it! Now, when he starts a fight over something stupid, I ignore him. And if he keeps it up, I'll just call him on it. I tell him I know what he's doing and not to bother.

I don't really know anyone who drinks every single day, who doesn't have a problem. Not saying I know anything for certain, but I don't know anyone who eats cheesecake every single day, who I'd wonder about as well.