View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 10:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lizw
God's Kid

I know how it feels to be that angry

Originally Posted by NYC_Chick View Post
Someone told me on here that letting go of past resentments is a gift you give yourself. While I can relate to the anger and frustration, when I made the decision to let that go and focus on getting myself healthy, life became much easier. I still have moments of anger, but I am now able to shrug them off and move on. That doesn't mean it will always be like that, but day by day not being a ball of anger over what my ex "did" to me is a much better way to live.
I also know the above quote too. Who knows why they are such A** holes? All addiction aside, not all addicts and alkies behave like t**ers. I do beleive a high percent, but not all of us. (I been sober in AA for a few years now)

2 years ago when I was diagnosed with MS, I ended a long term relationship and gave my ex partner 30K from the sale of my house. I had it before we lived together, he moved in. Then the sick man took all the money out of my accounts too, because 30k wasn't enough, obviously. And like you said he didn't even get it. He is self centred and self obsessed.

I try not to foster this resentment as I could probably live off the anger it creates for weeks and weeks and weeks. I try to think about my part in and it ask myself, why on earth did you give him the money? Why on earth did you get together with him in the 1st place? And how are you not going to do it again?

But there must be some hope. I sat in a meeting with him a few months back and didn't want to smash his face in. Just felt grateful I was leaving alone and without him! 30K seemed a small price to pay to get myself back!

Last edited by lizw; 07-07-2008 at 10:56 PM. Reason: wrong use of word