View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 06:34 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
sadandhopeless

Originally Posted by harleygirl92156 View Post
Does anyone else see a control issue here? I'm sorry, but demanding that an adult "go to his bedroom" if he is misbehaving so to speak is a issue of control.

I believe if we see behavior that is not acceptable to us it is our responsibility to remove ourselves from the situation, not send the A to his room like a naughty child and then expect him to comply.

Sorry, if this offends, just my opinion and what I got from the post. Respekting me my have a problem with control, which is just as much of a problem as the A has with drinking. I had huge issues with control and see myself in the post prior to going to Al anon and aftercare with my recovering AH.
I don't think it sounds like she has a problem. I think he is the one with the problem if she has guests over then she has a right to a pieceful night. He is getting drunk and acting like an idiot then that is behaving like a child and he deserves to be treated as one. remember until in recovery the relationship of an alcohlic and a significant other is just like a parent child relationship. Remember his own best thinking got him drunk....

She is not controling him - he does what he wants it seems when ever he wants... She just wanted some peace and respect while she had guests. She should have made leave rather then giving him a nice option of just going to his room to remove himself from everyone else that was trying to enjoy the evening. But she chose the safer option.

not everyone is perfect - we do what we can - I don't think it is a matter of control it is a matter of respect. If he wants it he has to give it.