View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
sailorjohn

Originally Posted by TryingToLetGod View Post
But, she used this and began to manipulate people in order to get her own way. As she got older older, it just got worse. Everytime she didn't get her way, or she was reprimanded or disciplined, she would cry and play the victim. Claiming that she felt unloved or unnaccepted. Most people fell for this. It became a bigger and bigger problem as time went on, and as her behavior became more destructive, I had to resort to more drastic measures. I was not aware of it at first, and when I became suspicious, she cried to everyone about how bad I made her feel about herself. Everytime I questioned her or confronted her about anything, she would become all teary eyed and weepy.

She said she was a better judge of what was right for her, and that we were controlling and emotionally unsupportive. In going through her phone I found out that this man had given her drugs and alcohol on more than one occassion.

They think I have hurt her self esteem, and that she needed to escape from me. They admitt that what she has done is bad, but that she's crying out for help. That she needs to feel accepted. How can I help some one who doesn't want it, and if they don't want it, why is it my fault.

I am trying to handle all of this, with little or no support from family. I feel like I'm having a nervous breakdown. Someone please help me. What can I do?

WELCOME!!!

You can take care of yourself. If they think you're doing such a terrible job, maybe they should assume responsibility for her? Not likely, but they'll be more than happy to tell you what a terrible job you're doing.

Based on what you've posted, she seems like a classic manipulator, and she will keep doing it as long as it works.

You're going to hear it from others if you haven't already, but it bears repeating.

You didn't cause it

You can't control it

You can't cure it