View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
respektingme

I feel torn about what to do. On one hand, if my family suspects he's drinking, than I don't want them to think I'm pretending his not. I don't want them to feel uncomfortable about it, or to think I haven't notice, or think that they need to distract my own kids because I'm not aware of it.

Usually, if he leaves the room, I don't have much to think about. It's when he comes back out and refuses to leave. It's almost like a challenge. I mean, I'm not barking at him to stop, just to leave our presence and go hang out somewhere else. So when he comes back in and continues to drink, which is what he does because he can not maintain, then to me he's asking to be put in the limelight. And I'm thinking about saying something the next time he does it. Otherwise, I feel like he's got me under his thumb.

Like he's saying to me, "I'll do what I want, where I want and when I want, and you won't say a damned thing about it." Meanwhile, I'm watching my family members, trying to determine if they've noticed anything funky or not. I feel like just saying, "I'm sorry folks, but AH has been drinking and he refuses to leave. If you would like to go out for dinner to a restaurant, I'll drive."