Old 07-01-2008, 05:27 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

My thoughts exactly. I too have felt ''affected'' by reading other peoples posts when the thread was not mine to begin with! We see ourselves in others, we all share so many issues.

Codependancy is to me basically an error in the way we think and process our thoughts and emotions that lead us to act out in ways that cause pain to ourselves, and we fail to realise why we hurt and where the hurt comes from.

We have learnt these 'wrong' ways of behaving and acting as we have grown. Whether that be because of dysfunctional backgrounds, alcoholic/addicted parents, codependant parents, differs with each person.

I feel that in order for us to grow out of codependancy, someone needs to point out to us where our thoughts, actions etc are letting us down, where the pain we feel is originating from and how we can learn new and healthy ways.

I wanted to share this with Strongerwoman because, I wouldn't like to see her not come back to the site. It is hard not to take it personally, but it is so important to realise that the advice or points made to us here are given in order for us to see the coin from the other side, and not to badger or harm us further.

I hope you are feeling stronger today, Strongerwoman. Please keep us in the loop on how you are doing. We do really want to help and guide you through this! :ghug3

Lily xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx